There is an online method to download birth certificate in Bihar. You can do online registration of birth certificate through e-Municipality Bihar website nagarseva.bihar.gov.in. Not only this, search and verification of a particular birth certificate from the registered birth is also possible.
In this article, learn all information about bihar birth certificate online registration.
Online Registration Process of Birth Certificate Online Registration in Bihar
- The first step is to register yourself on official website of e-Municipality Bihar http://nagarseva.bihar.gov.in
- Click on Birth Certificate>> Register Me
- After filling this online form, you will receive an OTP on your mobile. Enter the OTP in the next screen and create a password for login.
- Now, login to the website with Mobile Number/Email ID as User ID and Password(You just created)
- Now you can fill the online birth registration form, search for birth certificate online, and download the same within minutes.
Check Status of Birth Certificate
- You can check status of birth certificate online from service number provided to you at time of registration.
- Go to municipal corporation/ council/ Nagar Parishad link from nagarseva.bihar.gov.in.
- At the bottom right corner enter your service no./ application number
- Click on search, the current status of your application will be displayed.
Service Charges Associated with Birth Registration in Birth
The first copy of Birth Certificate is given free of cost if the registration is within 21 days of birth/ death. After that following charges will be applicable:
|Name of the Service||Charges|
|Registration of Birth/Death within 21 days of occurrence||NIL|
|Registration of Birth/Death after 21 days but within 30 days of occurrence||Rs. 2|
|Registration of Birth/Death after 30 days but within 365 days of occurrence||Rs. 5|
|Registration of Birth/Death after 365 days of occurrence||Rs. 10|
|Birth Certificate||Rs. 10|
|Death Certificate||Rs. 10|
List of Documents Required
|Service||If Birthoccurred in Hospital||If Birth occurred at home|
|Registration of Birth within 21 days of occurrence||Hospital certificate.||Ward Councilor / Aanganbadi Sevika’s Recommendation Letter, IdentityProof and Address Proof|
|Registration of Birth after 22 days but within 30 days of occurrence||Notarized Affidavit and Hospital Certificate||Notarized Affidavit, Ward Councilor / Aanganbadi Sevika’s Recommendation Letter, Identity Proof and Address Proof|
|Registration of Birth after 30 days but within 365 days of occurrence||Order copy issued by BDO/ Sub Divisional Officer, Address proof, Affidavit||Order copy issued by BDO/ Sub Divisional Officer, Address proof, Affidavit|
|Registration of Birth after 365 days of occurrence||Order copy issued by Block Development Officer/ SDO, Affidavit||Order copy issued by Block Development Officer/ SDO, Affidavit|
e-Municipality Bihar Helpdesk
For more information, dial the toll free number 1800 121 4554 between 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM (Working Days).
Download e-municipality mobile app here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abm.emunicipalitybihar