You can now apply online for Birth certificate in Karnataka through KMDS Portal www.mrc.gov.in. The Karnataka Municipal Data Society portal is designed to provide various e-services to citizen and Birth and Death registration is one of them. The process for Karnataka Birth Certificate Online application is simple and fast.
To register for Birth Certificate Online, you can apply by browsing url on your own like; for city corporation type http://www.<cityname>city.mrc.gov.in/egbnd/index.jsp and fill form. Below is a list of format by which you can select your local area corporation and register for birth certificate
Birth And Death Online Application Karnataka
- For City Corporation (CC’s): http://www.<cityname>city.mrc.gov.in/egbnd/index.jsp
- For City Municipal Corporation (CMC’s): http://www.<cityname>city.mrc.gov.in/egbnd/index.jsp
- For Town Municipal Corporation (TMC’s): http://www.<cityname>town.mrc.gov.in/egbnd/index.jsp
- For Town Panchayat’s (TP’s): http://www.<cityname>town.mrc.gov.in/egbnd/index.jsp
Go confused??? Let’s simplify this.
Copy any one url as given above. Now paste it on Google Search Bar. After that, rename the city with the name of your city and press enter.
For example, if you are looking for a birth certificate registered for the banglore city, simply replace city with bangalore and the url becomes http://www.bangalore.city.mrc.gov.in/egbnd/index.jsp.
By visiting the above link follow the online registration process. Fill the Birth certificate Online registration form with complete accurate details and obtain application number for verification and other future purpose.
Track Status Of Birth Certificate Karnataka
- Now follow the process type the url as per your municipal corporation (CC, CMC, TMC) and Town panchayat.
- On home page you will see search birth records
- Enter the Reciept number/ Application number and click submit e.g. 0000-A01
- You will see the status of birth certificate currently in process. If it has completed the expected working days allotted then you might see Birth certificate generated
Thus the Karnataka government follows a different process other than rest of the states but it covers most part of state including remote areas. You can obtain birth certificate from concerned registrar of your corporation. Other services available on Karnataka Municipal Data Society (KMDS) portal are application for Trade License- VYAPAR, Building license- NIRMAN, apply for water connection, property tax calculator and complaint registration- JANAHITA.
Register Online For Birth Certificate in Karnataka here http://www.mrc.gov.in/