SAT is a standardised undergraduate college admission test conducted by College Board, a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that connects students to college success. The SAT is used to measure college readiness and predict future academic success of a student seeking admission to undergraduate programs at various educational institutions in India and abroad. The students are tested on parameters such as – reading comprehension of words in context, computational ability of command of evidence, and analysis in science and social studies, etc.
The SAT is accepted at almost every college and university in the United States, and hundreds of universities/colleges/institutes in India and abroad.
The SAT registration deadline and test dates are different for the United States students and international students.
SAT in India: Important Dates
Internationally, the SAT test is conducted four times a year – October, December, March and May. Students can now apply for SAT May test. Registration will be open for SAT October and SAT December tests on April 18, 2019.
SAT May 2019
SAT May test will be conducted on May 4, 2019. The registration deadline is on April 5, 2019.
Click here to Register for SAT May 2019 Test –
SAT 2019 Result Date
The students who took the SAT test can login to the student report portal – https://studentscores.collegeboard.org – to check their test scores online. Most of the SAT scores are announced two weeks after the test day.
Tentatively, the test scores of the SAT May 2019 test will be released on May 17. Within 10 days after the scores are released, the College Board sends scores of the students to various colleges. Students in India can send SAT scores for free to some universities in India. (
SAT Test Fee for Indian students
- Indian students who are applying only for SAT test need to pay a fee of $47.50 + $49 (Non-US Regional Fee)
- Students who are applying for SAT with Essay need to submit a fee of $64.50 + $49 (Non-US Regional Fee)
There are some additional registration-linked fees such as:
- Register by phone: $15 (Available only if registered previously)
- Test centre fee: $24 (Some test centres require an additional fee)
- Change fee: $29 (For changing test centre/test date/changing between the SAT and SAT Subject Tests or vice versa)
- Waitlist fee: $51 (Charged only if a student is admitted to the test centre on test day)
SAT Fee Reduction Vouchers
SAT test fee reduction is available to students from families with financial need in India.
|90% Discount Voucher
||50% Discount Voucher
To apply, please visit buddy4study.com/collegeboard.
For more details on the SAT test and registration process, the students are advised to check the official website of the College Board –