India Posts has come up with Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana for school students. This is a kind of scholarship scheme under which students who have a passion in Philately will be benefited. Under the SPARSH scheme, govt. will provide Rs 500 per month or Rs 6000 p.a to the school children who want to continue stamp collection as hobby. A total of 920 scholarships will be distributed to incerease the reach of stamp collection in India.
SPARSH stands for Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby. The main objective of Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana is to encourage students who have knowledge of stamp collection. Students can check the eligibility criteria, application process given below.
How to Apply for Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana
- Government will release an official circular that will be sent to all the schools. After that, schools will start enrolling students as per their eligibility.
- On the basis of evaluation of “Project Work on Philately”, government will select top candidates. This will be judged by a a circle level committee consisting of Postal officials and renowned Philatelists .
- The performance in the “Philately Quiz contest” conducted at the state (circle) level will also be counted for final selection.
- Furthermore, govt. will provide the List of Topics for project while issuing the official notification.
Selection Procedure for SPARSH Yojana
The scheme mainly targets the students from Class 6, 7, 8 and 9. Selected students can avail the benefits of the scheme for one whole year. As per scheme guidelines, Students will be selected on the basis of competition organized at school in presence of mentor. There will be a competition that will decide who will be qualified for the next round.
It has been updated that 10 students will be selected from each class i.e. VI, VII, VIII & IX. Also, Every Postal circle can have a maximum of 40 students. The Philately Mentor assigned to school will help in conducting the competition and provide guidance to participants
Eligibility for Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Scholarship
- Only students from class VI to Class IX can participate
- Candidate should be a member of philately club in his/her school
- If the school does not have such club then he/she should have Philately Deposit Account
- Candidate should have good academic record in past classes
- He/she should have knowledge of stamps
SPARSH Scholarship Amount
The Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Scholarship will be rewarded to 920 students who qualify the competitive examination in their respective postal circle. Selected candidates will; get Rs.500/- per month accounting Rs.6000/- annually. The main aim of the SPARSH Scholarship is to increase interest of students in stamps as they get to know about the socio economic and political scenario of that time. You can get more details about Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Scholarship at http://www.postagestamps.gov.in/