The Kerala government will soon launch an online platform to book Autorickshaws online in Kochi city giving a makeover to public transport in state. As similar to the Jugnoo App to book Autorickshaw in Delhi-NCR region the Kochi city will soon run registered autorickshaws through an online app or website. Kerala government informed that around 25000 drivers will registered for the service.
Discussing with operators, administrators has finalized the name of the online autorickshaw service in Kochi by a contest among drivers. The title will be short & memorable as that cab network. It could be similar to that of Ola and Uber cabs operating across the country. UMTA expanded as Unified Metropolitan Transportation Authority has come up with this Idea.
Specifications of Online Autorickshaws Platform in Kerala
- The autorickshaw drivers will be known as Auto-pilots
- New Uniforms may be given to drivers for identification of registered members
- Card swiping machines will be installed to make cashless payments
- Rides can be book using an online platform
- Rate fixed by government for a particular distance will be followed
- The plan could be extended to other motor vehicles
The Online Autorickshaw Platform in Kerala will help in organizing a systematic transport system in the Kochi city and it will help to counter challenges faced by online cab networks. The programme will be implemented when it receives confirmation from all trade unions. To make aware about the programme the government will also organize an event.