The Central government has announced a new scheme for B.Tech Students with name Prime Minister Research Fellowship Scheme for B.Tech and M.Tech graduates. Under the scheme 1000 students will be selected to pursue Ph.D in top IIT’s and IISC’s. Students will get Rs.70,000 per month as part of the research project
Candidates those who have graduated in Bachelor of Technology can apply for the Prime Minister Research Fellowship scheme 2018. Applications received by the authorities will be evaluated and 1000 students will be selected from institutes to do Ph.D in IIT and IISC. This will give B.Tech graduates a new opportunity to enroll in projects of Indian Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Science
PM Fellowship Scheme 2018-19 For Engineers
- Candidates graduated in Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) can apply for the scheme
- Top 1000 students will be selected each year
- The students can do Ph.D in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and Indian Institute of Science (IISC)
- Selected B.Tech Students will also get good fellowship amount to pursue Ph.D
Fellowship Amount and Duration
Top 1000 selected under the Prime Minister Research Fellowship will be offered
- Students will get Rs.70,000 per month during fellowship
- Additional Rs.2 lakh grant will be provided for research project
- The fellowship amount will be given annually for 5 years
The announcement for the B.Tech Fellowship Scheme was made by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley while presenting the Union budget for financial year 2018-19. The scheme will benefit students as they get chance to work with professors in IITs and IISCs. Moreover it will build an environment to move towards more technical and innovative projects.
Students from IITs and IISCs acquire better skills in comparison with other technical institutes in the country. The scheme will give exposure to B.Tech graduates from other institutes to be part of work by students and professors from these prestigious institutes.
The application process, guidelines, selection process, rewards, implementation of the Prime Minister Fellowship Scheme for B.Tech graduates has not been laid out yet. Apart from the fellowship scheme Finance Minister announced establishment of Eklavya schools for SC/ST, Planning and architecture schools, medical colleges in education sector under Union Budget 2018-19.