The Uttar Pradesh Government is going to start Free Sanitary Pad Scheme in the state. Women in UP state can get free sanitary napkins at public places using their Aadhaar Card. Concerning the health problems in women and awareness about menstrual hygiene the Uttar Pradesh government has announced the Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme.
Women can get the Free Sanitary napkins from the vending machines installed in washrooms of railway stations, bus stand by entering their Aadhaar Card. The scheme will be implemented in phases that cover entire districts of Uttar Pradesh state. Akshay Kumar starrer Padman movie has played an important role in awareness of sanitary pads among the society and the cause is strengthen by celebrities taking the #PadmanChallenge.
Free Sanitary Napkins Scheme in Uttar Pradesh
In order to provide free sanitary pads to women the government will carry out the process as follows
- Women can get from Vending Machines installed at Railway Station and Bus stand
- Enter the Aadhhar number in the machine and you will get sanitary pads
- Three sanitary pads can be obtain in a single day from one Aadhaar number
- Extra Rs.10 will be charged to get more than 3 sanitary pads
- The vending machines will be installed in female washrooms at public places
The government made a target to complete the installation of machines and implementation of scheme with-in 18 months in all districts of Uttar Pradesh
Sanitary Pads in UP Scheme Guidelines
The Scheme will be implemented in 3 phases check out the details below
- In first phase the scheme will be implemented in 20 districts in which 70 vending machines will be implemented
- Second phase of the scheme will cover 25 districts in which 90 vending machines will be installed
- The third phase of the scheme will cover 30 districts in which 90 machines will be installed
The Free Sanitary Napkins Scheme in Uttar Pradesh will help women who are not able to afford sanitary napkins and does not have access to them. The Scheme will start from 11th July.